One Big Day took place on Wednesday 8 March 2017.
The Day in Pictures
THE DAY IN MOTION
Pecha Kucha – The Art of Resilience
Speaker: Doug Shaw. Click here to download the presentation and here for the transcript of the session
- How Resilient are you?
Speaker: Tom Flatau. Click here to download the presentation
- What Makes a City Resilient
Speakers: Hamish Cameron, London Fire Brigade. Ingvar Sejr Hansen, City of Copenhagen. Clare Melhuish, UCL Urban Laboratory
Click here to download the presentation
- Resilience in a Cognitive Era
Speakers: Jamie Cole and Felicity Yates, IBM. Click here for the IBM white paper on Embracing IOT and Cognitive Buildings and here for Forbes Resilience
in the Cognitive Era
Combining a line-up of A-list speakers with thought-provoking topics and trends, this year's One Big Day theme was resilience. While change is not a new phenomenon, the current speed and scale of change and disruption to the status quo is unprecedented and requires individuals, companies, economies and cities and to become increasingly resilient.
Our 2017 conference looked to the future and explored how resilience could be harnessed to enhance business growth and shared prosperity.
Topics explored on the day included:
- How cities have come and gone – what makes a city resilient
- Corporate resilience: forget the three-year plan, think ‘100-year plan’
- Resilience in the cognitive era
- The sharing economy: new trend or here to stay?
- Personal resilience: tools and techniques to improve individual resilience