Occupier Insight: Demystifying smart technologies
CoreNet Global UK Chapter hosted its second Occupier Insight series, titled ‘Demystifying smart technologies’ on the 26th September which was kindly hosted by Macquarie at their London offi ce and sponsored by IWG.
Our panel of experts, moderated by Steve Norris of Incendium included:
- Michelle Marwood - Senior Vice President, Head of Corporate Services Operations, EMEA & India, Blackstone.
- Mark Bell - Senior Regional Site Operations, EMEA, Adobe.
- Julie Lapsley - Customer Lead: New Buildings Milton Keynes and Bottle, Santander.
- Kim Van Rooyen Global Head of IT Turner & Townsend.
Occupier Insight Series
We hosted our first Occupier Insights event on the 22nd of May. Attended by 35 Occupiers, the focus was on delivering CSR objectives set by those not necessarily responsible for delivering them from a CRE perspective.
A more in depth summary from the event will be shared at a wrap up event later in the year but we wanted to share two key points that came out of the session. Occupiers are under enormous pressure to delivery CSR strategies but generally speaking:
- The vast majority of landlords of multi-let offices are unable to adequately support occupiers in reaching their CSR objectives. This is both in terms of providing appropriate space and providing the necessary building performance data.
- Flexible office space providers do not understand the importance of sharing sustainability data for their portfolios with their clients and how their operations impact Occupiers sustainability programmes and their Corporate Responsibility objectives.
CoreNet Global UK will be setting up committee including occupiers to see how we can address these issues and effect change within the industry.
The next Occupier Insights event will be taking place on the 26th September 2019 so save the date!